Available DNS/BIND test suites

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Mon Jun 12 16:48:24 UTC 2006

Jim <k0jkj at arrl.net> wrote:
> What software does the software / hardware (hi, Rick) community use
> to test their BIND implementation and or the other available DNS
> servers.  I need to check thing down to the individual bits in each
> packet. not just whether I get a response that appears to be
> correct.

There are many Rick's out there - if you meant me I'll have to say
that my software - netperf - only measures performance.  It does not
attempt to gauge correctness.  Now, historically, the loads presented
by netperf _have_ uncovered bugs, but that is just a side benefit :)

People are free to take the netperf stuff and morph it into
correctness tests if they like, but I'm not terribly interested in
converting netperf into a functional test suite.

rick jones