Blocking access

sam sam at boychip.net
Wed Jun 7 01:03:52 UTC 2006

Lou Goddard wrote:
> Check out black hole in named.conf
>
> Taken from the Bind ARM:
> "blackhole Specifies a list of addresses that the server will not accept queries from or use to resolve a query. Queries from these addresses will not be responded to. The default is none."
>
> For more information see the BIND Administrator's Reference Manual ( Bind ARM )
>
> http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/bind9.2.php

Hi,
I added an acl and use blackhole in the option clause, but after
reloaded named.conf file with ndc reload command, nslookup still able to
  show its IPs.

acl "google_desktops" {
         72.14.219.99;
         72.14.219.104;
         72.14.219.147;
};

options {
         directory "/etc/namedb";
         pid-file "/var/run/named/pid";

         blackhole {
                 // Deny anything from the google_desktops networks as
                 // detailed in the "google_desktops" ACL.
                 google_desktops;
         };

         forwarders {
                  10.0.0.8;
         10.0.0.9;
         10.0.0.10;
         };
};

# ping outbound_sac.enable.desktop.google.com
ping: cannot resolve outbound_sac.enable.desktop.google.com: Unknown
server error
# nslookup outbound_sac.enable.desktop.google.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    desktopservices.l.google.com
Addresses:  72.14.219.104, 72.14.219.147, 72.14.219.99
Aliases:  outbound_sac.enable.desktop.google.com

Any idea?