bind 9(.2.4) on solaris 10

Alex Stade alex at trdlnk.com
Tue Jun 6 01:08:42 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am having a problem running Sun's bundled named(1M), which I
understand is version 9.2.4. A few google searches suggests that this
version is susceptible to a bug in where some ipv6 logic is invoked,
imposing a ~2s delay in non-cached lookups. Apparently this version
lacks the "-4" option, which would allow me to disable the ipv6 code at
run-time.

Does anybody out there know how to work around this issue? I would
prefer to use the bundled version if possible.

Thanks in advance!

-Alex