views + caching dns

Mike Zupan hijinks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 20:10:36 UTC 2006

We currently have 3 external DNS servers. Now For a one of the zone I want
to serve out internal IPs for certain hosts.. so I am planning on running
view's on those 3 external DNS servers.. now we also want to run 1 external
DNS server but having issues with the network guys wanting to forward port
53 tcp/udp to the internal IP to  act as a slave to the master that is
external..
So here is my question.. if I setup the internal one as a caching only
server and it looks up host.domain.com will the external dns servers see
that as an internal view or as an external view?

cause like host.domain.com in public say has 1.2.3.4 but internal it uses
10.0.0.2 if the lookup comes from the internal caching dns server will it
return 10.0.0.2?

thanks
Mike