Configuration about bind name serser.

mca.jyoti at gmail.com mca.jyoti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 06:56:51 UTC 2006

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <e5fbr8$155g$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
>  Robert Spangler <lazydog at zoominternet.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu May 25 2006 18:39, Barry Margolin wrote:
> >
> > >  >             I am Sandip Kumar ghosh. I have bind9 base name server with
> > >  > static IP. My OS is FreeBSD4.10. I have a register domain like
> > >  > <mydomain.com>. In my domain there are two nameserver like
> > >  > <ns1.mydomain.com> & <ns2.mydomain.com> with the two public IP. In my
> > >  > name server I put the diffrent 55 public web server IP. From which ur
> > >  > web site is controling. when i put the command "dig www.mydomain.com",
> > >  > my ns reply me the hole 55 IP with round robin base , which is declear
> > >  > my name server. My requerment is when i put the command "dig
> > >  > www.mydomain.com" the name server reply me atlest 10 IP of this 55 IP
> > >  > as a round robin. Each request the name server reply the differnt set
> > >  > of 10 IP from the privious reply.
> > >
> > >  Ordinary BIND cannot do this.  You'll need to modify the source code
> > >  yourself, or use a different nameserver.
> > >
> > >  With that many sites, maybe you should be using a service like Akamai.
> > >  They have a fancy, custom DNS architecture that is designed for
> > >  distributing load across lots of different servers.
> >
> > I may be off in left field here but I thought Bind could already do this.
> > The
> > process was simple too if I remember correctly.
> >
> > www.mydomain.com  A 10.0.0.1
> >       10.0.0.2
> >       10.0.0.3
> >       10.0.0.4
> >       10.0.0.5
> >
> > And so forth.....  Bind would then round robin the IP addresses I thought.
> > Like I said I might be out in left field here. :)
>
> But that's not what I think he asked for.  He wants it to return a
> SUBSET of the addresses.  He said he's going to list 55 addresses, and
> he wants it to return only 10 at a time.  I'm not sure WHY he thinks
> it's necessary to restrict to only 10 addresses, but that's what it
> seems like he asked for.
>
> --
> Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
> Arlington, MA

Hello Barry,

I'm sandip's friend and we are working with this for last few weeks.yup
we want to
only 10 IP's in a random order at a time.I'm not going to restrict it
in
10 IPs.from anywhere if u request for www.mydomain.com or if u do
dig www.mydomain.com u'll get different set of 10 IP's in a RR order.

the usefulness is that if any user req for www.mydomain.com he will get
response
from one of that 10 IPs not from one of 55 IP pools.

Any idea how to do that ?

thanx.