diff. between 9.3.2 and 9.2.6

pui ming Wong s11976 at net2.hkbu.edu.hk
Fri Jul 28 02:35:39 UTC 2006

We've been using 9.2.6 (compiled ourselves for aix 4.3.3)
with no problems.
Recently, decided to try the 9.2.3
Compiled it on the same machine without any problems.
But after starting the daemon, doing the testing with
nslookup failed to query our own zone (domain ),

for example doing the command
nslookup
www.our.own.domain.

gives errors
localhost can't find www.our.own.domain.:Server failed

(Doing the cache query , i.e. for named.ca worked okay )

I sticked with the same directories (i.e. those working with
9.2.6)  where the zone files have been
( to avoid silly mistakes like typos.)

So , what new things have been included in 9.3.2 ?
(I checked with the same preinstalled version of 9.3.2
on another guy's linux machine ,which indicated a lot
of symbolic links like,
 /var/named/chroot/var/named/own.hosts.file must be linked
for /var/named/own.hosts.file
 ... etc
in order for the thing to work?

Is that so?
What else must i changed for this 9.3.2 to work for the query
of various zones