AW: problem running bind / bind utils on windows xp

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Jan 31 14:59:37 UTC 2006

Kleinfeld Ralf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks, that made me remember some limitations in sockets
> by microsoft in windows xp.
> My system has been setup from scratch last week, but I cannot
> remember those limitations.

There are no known issues with sockets when running either named or the
utilities. I run these every day.

You should install the latest version of BIND 9.3.2 and make sure that
the DLL's are all in the same place with the utility tools. I don't
recommend putting them in system32 because of possible DLL version
mismatches especially when dealing with libeay32.dll.

Danny