NT logging to Event Viewer

Danny Mayer mayer at ntp.isc.org
Tue Jan 24 18:17:07 UTC 2006

Josh Hyles wrote:
> Havent figured out how to stop the event viewer logs, but adding this
> to the conf file makes it log to a file..

See Chapter 6 ARM. "The null destination clause causes all messages sent
to the channel to be discarded; in that case, other options for the
channel are meaningless."

e.g.

logging {
	category default { null;};
	category unmatched { null;};
};

will drop the messages. I don't remember if ALL messages will be dropped
with this setting but I think that's all you need to worry about.

Danny