Internal Master with external slaves

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jan 23 21:54:55 UTC 2006

We've had similar issues with our "hidden master" setup, and someone
here suggested it was because our machines are multi-homed, and
sometimes the NOTIFY packets come from an address which is unknown to a
given slave, and thus are rejected. If this is the root cause, it should
be fixable with some combination of notify-source and/or allow-notify,
but I haven't got around to it yet...

- Kevin