parsing 'named.conf'

Dan Foster usenet at evilphb.org
Sat Jan 21 03:27:44 UTC 2006

In article <dqs8ml$2u2v$1 at sf1.isc.org>, Roman Mashak <romez777 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've looking for functions from 'bind' package implementing parsing of
> config file, unfortunately source code comments are so poor to find
> out the proper source file. Could anyone help me out and point to
> specific files? (Bind8 or 9)

As of BIND 9.3.2, lib/isccfg/{namedconf.c,parser.c}

It was quickly found by looking at the output of:

$ tar zxf bind-9.3.2.tar.gz
$ cd bind-9.3.2
$ ls
$ cd lib
$ find . -type f | xargs grep -i parser | more

namedconf.c relates to BIND-specific options and their values.

parser.c does the actual 'dirty work' of doing the parsing (lexical
scanning, etc).

-Dan

(cc'd via email as a courtesy)