DNS/Bind Blackhole - Not MX

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jan 18 14:35:45 UTC 2006

I'm fairly new to it myself but figured I'd offer this.  I had noted a
lot of "lame server" logging occurring here and checked into that.  My
research didn't reveal anyone thought this was a big problem and several
suggestions were to turn off lame server logging by adding this to
named.conf:

logging {
category lame-servers { null; };
};

If its lame server logging that prompted your question adding the above
will prevent those from being logged any longer.