Can DNS Round Robin be fault tolerant?

RaysOfSearch RayMan6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 15:39:12 UTC 2006

The other option I am considering is have a server redirect people to
different web servers. So for example if the user types
www.something.com, he is redirected to www1.something.com, the next
user to www2.something.com and so on. As long as the user works with
the given url, he will always be connected to www1.something.com and
therefore subsequent queries go directly to the www1 server. I
understand that there are problems with the user bookmarking sites and
saving links with this approach. Are there any other issues with this
approach? My min concern is load balancing and session maintenance
here.