No delay to client when the primary DNS server goes down?

nick.seccombe at gmail.com nick.seccombe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:25:58 UTC 2006

Did not want to run in.named on all servers and turn them into
caching-on forwarders to get this kind of resilience. And we do use the
ANYCAST feature on certain networks, too. But many subnets, so a lot of
work to set up and may not be supported on all routers. Cheers anyway -
sounds like the client resolvers are generally very limited - I know
you can set up round robin options and the likes in say resolv.conf of
Solaris, I was just hoping for a best-round-trip-time like option.