Regarding BIND9.3.2

Marco Schumann schumann at strato-rz.de
Mon Feb 20 12:19:27 UTC 2006

Marco Schumann schrieb:
> Paul Vixie schrieb:
>> ... Query throughput has improved slightly
>> in 9.3.2, and we now know that using the internal "malloc" will improve it
>> even more ...
>
> Hello,
>
> how does the system malloc influence the performance on multi processor
> machines? Are there known side effects when I use "--disable-threads"?
> Are these contrary options?

Hello,

to be more specific I need to reference my own post from Feb 15.
(Resolver (bind-9.3.2) eats processor)
I see a strange behaviour of bind-9.3.2 resolvers which has been
verified with bind-9.3.1, too.

I compiled with system malloc and "--disable-threads", occasionally the
named process uses 100% of CPU over hours answering the queries very slowly.

Currently I am testing with "ISC_MEM_USE_INTERNAL_MALLOC 1", so I still
don't know whether this change has a positive effect.

I summarized some information at

http://dns.marcoschumann.de/

Kind regards

--