CNAME for domain.com?

Joel Daynes bind at francis.mmwds.com
Thu Feb 9 17:54:35 UTC 2006

All-
    I have several domains that point to my machine at home on my
Comcast cable connection which has a name pointed at it through
DynDNS.org. I want to CNAME records in the zone files for the domains
that point to my machine, which is not a problem for domains where I
have a hostname (i.e. www.mydomain.com, mail.mydomain.com, etc.), but I
also want to point mydomain.com at my dyndns.org name rather than making
it an A record pointing at the IP of my machine. However, I can't use a
CNAME to do this. Is there an easy way to point mydomain.com (without a
hostname) at my dyndns.org name as a CNAME, or does it have to be an A
record pointing at an IP?
Thanks-
Joel