question regarding "glue domains"

John MacKenzie john at yourcompsolution.com
Sat Feb 4 04:16:44 UTC 2006

When I contacted 1and1 they stated "your package doesn't allow the
creation of subdomains, so we can't help you with that"

But due to the fact they don't host my DNS , then their ability to
create subdomains for my zone in the "package" seems irrelavant, or
maybe I'm not understanding something.

The domain in question is yourcompsolution.com

Ns1.yourcompsolution.com = 207.234.224.185
207.234.224.185 = samsara.yourcompsolution.com

Current NS =
Ns1.primarydns.com
Ns2.primarydns.com

What I want :
Ns1.yourcompsolution.com
Ns2.primarydns.com

Is there any way I can get around 1and1 or better explain my needs? I
simply asked for a "glue domain for my nameserver"

Would it be that setting my primary to ns1.yourcompsolution.com would
create this glue record? But if so then I'm in a catch 22.