dns lookup timing cycling up and down

rsesnaski at yahoo.com rsesnaski at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 16:29:33 UTC 2006

> add the following to /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> alias net-pf-10 off
> alias ipv6      off
>
> You'll need to reboot the box after the changes. -- Joel

Thanks Joel. I see ipv6 and the alias to net-pf-10? Is this only needed
if your running
IPv6 on your network - nothing else?

What started all this is a root drive failure on my dns host with no
secondary. This
behaviour was not happening on the old primary. I copied all of my
files over from
the old primary and restarted with IP config changes. One other thing
that
is happening is that mail on other linux boxes has stop being
delivered. Does this
suggest another problem? I going to start looking at MX records and
check sendmail.cf
files but need to work the root drive failure first.

Ron