AUTHORITY=0?

Georgy Goshin gosha at inbox.ee
Thu Dec 28 09:51:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

I found one strange problem, I have one zone file for 3 zones: somezone.ee,
somezone.lv & somezone.lt.

The problem is that the secondary mail server does not transfers zones lv &
lt, it says "not authoritive"

dig shows absolutley the same picture on all 3 zones when quering the
primary server, when asking for SOA it gives an authoritive answer but when
asking for NS it geves an answer but writes AUTORITY=0... on all 3 zones ee,
lv and lt

;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

Can't even understand there the mistake could be...

Primary:
bind-9.2.1-9
Secondary:
bind-9.2.1-1.7x.2

All zones listed in named.conf in this way:
zone "somezone.ee" {
        type master;
        file "master/somezone.ee";
        allow-update { none; };
};

zone "somezone.lv" {
        type master;
        file "master/somezone.lv";
        allow-update { none; };
};

zone "somezone.lt" {
        type master;
        file "master/somezone.lt";
        allow-update { none; };
};

zone file follows:
$TTL    10800
@               IN      SOA     ns.mydomain.com.
hostmaster.ns.mydomain.com. (
                        2006122701 ; serial
                        3600 ; refresh
                        900 ; retry
                        1209600 ; expire
                        43200 ; default_ttl
                        )
                IN      NS      ns.mydomain.com.
                IN      NS      ns2.mydomain.com.

                IN      MX 10   mx2.mydomain.com.
                IN      MX 50   mx5.mydomain.com.

mail            IN      CNAME   mx2.mydomain.com.
www             IN      CNAME   some.other.address.