Changing output of bind

Mon Dec 11 14:27:17 UTC 2006

> Wildcards have semantics which may be suprising for the beginner. For
> instance, they do not match if there are record with data of another
> type.

True, and this makes sense.
But in the OP's scenario - I'm guessing his "user" wants to correct URL
typos from visitors to his website, at which case it'll always be 'A'
records that are required to be returned from the wildcard.
> (You can play with ".museum", which have wildcards. Test
> anythingwhichdoesnotexist.museum and louvre.museum.)

Does this mean that if the record matches the wildcard AND has a valid
record as well, it'll get both returned in a "round-robin" fashion?

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834