Memory Leak in Bind 9?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 20:23:50 UTC 2006

On 12/8/06, Wes Zuber <wes at uia.net> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> We did do that on one of our name servers .. I even tried 9.3.3rc3. I
> don't quite understand why this would start suddenly.
>
> Thanks,

Recent changes to FreeBSD kernels or libc? I would not be sure it is a
memory leak without corroborating evidence (bind growing to max ram,
etc). I have seen systems that will say "Cant allocate event" but it
turns out that there is plenty of RAM but the kernel hit a bad memory
bit or some other kernel problem and failed to allow for a malloc.