named.conf cannot be changed

Robert Spangler lazydog at zoominternet.net
Thu Dec 7 22:23:10 UTC 2006

On Wed December 6 2006 19:11, Joseph S D Yao wrote:

>  Have you ever tried copying a file over itself?

This is what I did.

1. created a Dir /temp/test1 and created another /temp/test2

2. copied a file"blabla' into /temp/test2

3. created a link from
'/temp/test2 in /temp/test1 'ln -s /temp/test2/blabla /temp/test1'

4. issued a cp /temp/test1/blabla /temp/test2 and received the following;

/ $ cp /temp/test1/blabla /temp/test2
cp: cannot stat `/temp/test1/blabla': Too many levels of symbolic links

I also received the same when I tried the reverse.

/ $ cp /temp/test2/blabla /temp/test1
cp: cannot stat `/temp/test1/blabla': Too many levels of symbolic links

I checked the files and nothing seems to be wrong with them.  All information
is complete.  So the only logical conclusion I can draw about my system is it
will not allow me to copy a file that is symbolically linked to itself.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!