named.conf cannot be changed

Robert Spangler lazydog at zoominternet.net
Wed Dec 6 23:57:03 UTC 2006

On Wed December 6 2006 00:32, Doyle Collings wrote:

>  Thank you all for your answer.  The named.conf in /etc was being copied to
>  /var/lib/named/etc at startup. I was editing the named.conf in
>  /var/lib/named/etc when I should have been editing the named.conf in /etc.

Just thinking out loud here. :)  Please forgive me as I could be 100% wrong in
my thinking.  I use CentOS here and it works without a problem.

Couldn't you just move the file to /var/lib/named/etc and then link it
to /etc?  Then it wouldn't matter what file you were editing.  I guess this
is one of the reason I don't like having too many config files all over the
place.  Never know which one you need to edit. :)

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!