bind 9.3.2-P2 on Digital Unix 4.0D

Rajesh Khambekar rajesh_khambekar at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 10:34:11 UTC 2006

sir,
i tried to compile bind 9.3.2-P2 on 4.0D but it give errors when i try to do 'make'.

the same errors are mentioned in one of the earlier posts -

===================
List:       bind-users
Subject:    Re: make bind 9.3.1 crash
From:       Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews () isc ! org>
Date:       2005-11-06 18:30:31
[Download message RAW]

> Hi,
>
> My installation of bind 9.3.1 on a Tru64 v4.0E
> machine crashes. Here are the details:
>
> ./configure runs successfully, whereas
> make stops after 20 minutes with the message:
>
> ld:
> Unresolved:
> _recv_OBSOLETE_
> _send_OBSOLETE_
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> #
>
> Thanks in advance for help,
> Hans

 Replace the recv() calls in dispatch.c with recvfrom() calls
 with NULL and 0 as the last two parameters.
 You are compiling on a very old OS where recv() was incorrectly
 obsoleted.
 Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org

i tried to replace the recv() calls in dispatch.c, but could not succeed.
as i do not know much of 'c' programming, can u pl. tell me where and what changes need to be done to solve the problem ?

thanks and regards,
rajesh.