open recursion/cache problem

Stefan Schmidt s.schmidt--bind at mcbone.net
Tue Aug 29 09:22:07 UTC 2006

Barry Margolin <barmar at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the answer to your question was in that thread.  Instead
> of allow-recursion, use allow-query.  Then in all the public zone
> definitions, add "allow-query{any;};"

He asked to specifically limit recursive queries to his IP space as he
also has zones he is authorative for that need to get served - so he
cannot just block all queries recursive or otherwise.

Jeff i'm not sure but try if it behaves as expected when you take out
the forwarders statement. IIRC they get triggered before the actual
recursing takes place.

	Stefan