MX question

Jim jim at compton.net
Tue Aug 22 14:50:26 UTC 2006

hi folks,

I have a customer's dns server (bind - not sure of version) not able to
resolve my mx records to one of my zones. Here are my current records:

 100 mydomain.com.s5a1.psmtp.com.
 200 mydomain.com.s5a2.psmtp.com.

I'm being told from the customer that my mx records are formatted
improperly. His argument is that his version of bind is unable resolve the
mx record when the domain name _does not_ appear at the end of the record
(ie s5a1.psmtp.com.mydomain.com would work fine for him).

Is this is a known problem with some versions of bind?
Can someone point me to documentation that tells me proper/illegal syntax
for my mx records.

Thanks,

Jim