off topic : what is the background of fake tld phx.gbm ?

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Wed Aug 16 07:40:00 UTC 2006

tsar.peter at gmail.com wrote:
> I know the subject is off topic. But as we all use dns and most of us
> use bind in various forms, we will encounter this in our logs.
>
> Why has MS made their reverse dns for a number of hosts ending in
> phx.gbl ?
>
> What implications will it have on mixed nameserverinstallations ?
> Anyone ?
>
> Peter h

It will allow them

host_name("207.68.146.152","msnbot.msn.com").
host_name("207.68.146.153","sasch1031402.phx.gbl").

sending you SPAM and it will prevent you from bouncing that
SPAM back at them.

No need to worry. Most linux or unix mta will take care of
that and blacklist anything that does not resolve backwards.

Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana