is it possible that locla DNS server override internet DNS

gaud at gaudtechnologies.com gaud at gaudtechnologies.com
Thu Aug 10 16:03:13 UTC 2006

let's say I have the test.com domain setup using some other nameserver
on the intenret..
this domain is accessible via the internet , like a normal site.

now let's say I want it to be different only when i'm in my LAN. ie: I
want www.test.com to point somewhere else when from my LAN. Now what I
can do is set up bind like a traditionnal bind setup with my zone file
for test.com.   is it possible that the zone configuration spread on
the net and change the settings I currently have on my "real"
nameserver ?

I know I could use the hosts file , but I need a better solutions.

thank you