BIND 9.3.2 problems

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Aug 3 21:50:05 UTC 2006

In order to make updates appear automatically on the new slave, add
an NS record to each zone pointing to it by name, and then create the
appropriate A record for the new server (which you've probably
already done).

Alternatively, on the master, add the following to your options
statement:

	also-notify { ip-addr; };

where "ip-addr" is the IP address of the new slave.

Either of these methods will cause the master server to notify the
new slave whenever a zone is (re)loaded or dynamically updated.

Chris Buxton
Men & Mice