error messages

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 25 01:22:23 UTC 2006

In article <e2ip98$17sn$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Martyn Clark" <Martyn.Clark at portwebsolutions.co.uk> wrote:

> Also I am using views and where it states
> that when using 'views' all zones must be in views: does this mean that in
> the named.conf you have only two parts internal and external? And no zones
> what so ever outside on these views. Can anyone shed some light on these
> errors form me.

You can have as many views as you want, not jus tinternal and external.
But no zones may be outside the views.

It would probably be nice if you could have zones outside the views,
which would be visible in all views, but that's not how it currently
works.  If you want the same zone to be visible in all views, you have
to repeat it within all of them.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA