IXFR and lost (?) updates of a TTL

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 10:32:38 UTC 2006

On 4/24/06, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote:
> 'rndc retransfer $ZONE' fixed the problem but I wonder if it may comes
> back. Can ".jnl" files get corrupted? Any tool to scrutinize them?

For checking journal files, you could try out journalprint under
bin/tests in the BIND source. At least on my machine it seems I have
to cd to that dir and 'make journalprint' (I have an unpacked BIND
9.3.2).

At least that's what I was using on a previous project, and I found it
pretty handy. It probably won't build under Windows - we needed to
work with that, too, but I had written a simple program that would
read in the journal anyway, and we'd use that on Win32 and
journalprint on UNIX.

Stefan.