resolver's behavior

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Apr 21 20:38:36 UTC 2006

I suppose it's possible that "dig" is compiled to use a different
resolver library than "ping" is, and the different resolver libraries
are looking for resolv.conf files in different locations. That would
explain the anomaly/inconsistency. But I don't know enough about running
BIND (or components of BIND) on a Wintel platform, to be able to assess
whether this is a plausible explanation or not.

                                                   - Kevin