Strang name resolution behavior

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:40:20 UTC 2006

OK, then please try running any of the commands that require
resolution (at least ping doesn't seem to like to be straced on my
machine, but you can try ssh for example), and then look for
connect()/send() calls in the output, and see which IP is used there.
You could also try using tcpdump to verify that there is no traffic
whatsoever being sent.

Stefan.