Question on TLDs

Rao, Nandini S (STSD) nandini-s.rao at hp.com
Fri Apr 7 09:59:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has some information (papers, research reports, etc or knows where I can find some) on the % of queries that go over the internet to the different generic top level domains. For instance what % of the total queries are for hosts under .com and how much for th hosts under .org etc?

Also is it possible to get some information on the % break up of the different types of queries on the internet? For instance what % of the queries are for A type of records and what % for PTR, MX etc.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Nandini