OK ...

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 06:24:08 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, LDB <ldbout at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did I compile this wrong for fedora core 3 ... What in the heck is the problem?
[...]
> security: debug 3: client 209.135.157.157#55299: recursion not available

Well, this looks like your nameserver isn't providing recursion to the
client you're querying it from - i.e., it won't try to resolve
yahoo.com for that client if it doesn't have the record in its cache.
Do you have 'recursion no' in your named.conf? Or perhaps some
misconfigured 'allow-recursion' directive?