named logging

mjsager at gmail.com mjsager at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 23:19:54 UTC 2006

I've run into a problem with logging. If I start up bind when there is
a problem with the zone file, it just dies without logging what the
problem is to the log file. On our Solaris machines, it would tell you
what line had the problem. Any ideas what I've done wrong?

logging {
        channel local2_syslog {
                syslog local2;
                severity info;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time no;
        };

        channel named-queries {
                file "/var/log/hostmast/named-queries" versions 2 size
10M;
                severity dynamic;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;