question about views

Gabriel Rocha gabe at seul.org
Tue Apr 4 12:22:03 UTC 2006

I have setup an internal and external views to my DNS server. Is it
further possible to have the internal view forward queries for which it
doesn't know the answer to the external view's zone? My current config
looks like this:

view "internal" {
        match-clients { 10.16.0.8.128/27; };

zone "foo.org" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/internal.foo.org";
                };
	};

view "external" {
        match-clients { any; };

zone "foo.org" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/foo.org";
        notify yes;
        allow-transfer {
        10.9.10.11; # fitzsimmon.foo.org
                                };
                };
	};

Basically, any request for which "/etc/bind/internal.foo.org" doesn't
have a record, I'd like to have the name server look in
"/etc/bind/foo.org". or do I have to duplicate records that are external
to both views between zonefiles? Thanks in advance. --Gabe