Hello all

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Fri Sep 30 21:34:31 UTC 2005

> From: /dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk>
> To: bind-users at isc.org, Andrew Tarzwell <atarzwell at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Hello all
> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:49:43 -0500
>
> On Friday 2005-September-30 00:14, I wrote:
> > On Thursday 2005-September-29 23:24, Andrew Tarzwell wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any recommendations for online tutorials that
> > > would guide a newbie. Even book suggestions would be appreciated.
[...]
> > Would you know where I could find something the just dissects
> > everything that needs to be in the db. files?

Perhaps "DNS & Bind Cookbook" by Cricket Liu, available from Amazon.com
and other fine technical book sellers.

> Since you did manage to read and to comply with my .sig I am replying,
> but since it belongs on list I am replying on list. Perhaps someone
> else will have a better answer, although I am confident that the answer
> will be _DNS_and_BIND_ as I mentioned before.
>
> No, in fact I don't. All the RR types, and, in fact, the zone file
> format itself, are described in the applicable RFC's. They are
> described in the ARM too:
> Bv9ARM.ch06.html#types_of_resource_records_and_when_to_use_them
>
> RFC 1034 is mentioned there, so that might also be a good read. Good
> luck.
> --
>     mail to this address is discarded unless "/dev/rob0"
>     or "not-spam" is in Subject: header

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin