Trying to get full domain info in nslookup

Koehler, Charles CWK at its.ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:07:26 UTC 2005

I have an interesting situation and am unclear if my DNS servers are at
issue (128.218.254.10 and 128.218.254.40).

I get the following results when trying to get complete info for the
domain below though after querying the separate components, I get that
piece of info.

Is this normal and what should I do to remedy it if it is not.

Running QIP's BIND8.2.4 on Solaris9

1st query w/ set q=any:
Answer Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Authority Records Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Additional Records Section:
    UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.74.101.1
    UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.69.234.1
---

2nd query w/ set q=any after set q=soa:
Answer Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, SOA, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET,
gkuyat.immunetolerance.org
Authority Records Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Additional Records Section:
    UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.74.101.1
    UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.69.234.1
---

3rd query w/ set q=any after set q=a:
Answer Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, SOA, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET,
gkuyat.immunetolerance.org
    immunetolerance.org, A, 128.121.49.2
Authority Records Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Additional Records Section:
    UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.74.101.1
    UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.69.234.1
---

4th query w/ set q=any after set q=mx:
Answer Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, SOA, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET,
gkuyat.immunetolerance.org
    immunetolerance.org, A, 128.121.49.2
    immunetolerance.org, MX, 0, mail.immunetolerance.org
Authority Records Section:
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
    immunetolerance.org, NS, UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Additional Records Section:
    UDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.74.101.1
    UDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET, A, 204.69.234.1
    mail.immunetolerance.org, A, 38.118.73.195
---

--Thank you,
--Charles Koehler
Charles Walter Koehler                              voice (415) 476-8767
Information Technology Services                     pager (415) 719-5189
University of California, San Francisco                 cwk at its.ucsf.edu

                     ** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE **
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential
and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients
named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use of this trans-
mission by any party other than the intended recipient is prohibited.