need default domain badly

Bryan Irvine sparctacus at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:13:39 UTC 2005

> Example.
> Client queries for host1
>  - I need this to hit the dns server and search through my host files.
> So this would resolve to host1.mydomain.com automatically if the domain
> is not specified.

That question didn't make much sense to me, do you mean for example
you can type "host1" in your web browser and it pulls the right
"host1.yourdaomin.com" page? or put "mail" in your email settings and
it pulls "mail.yourdamin.com"?

You just specify yourdomain.com in the domain settings (sometimes
called search domain) on your workstations.

If that's not what you mean can you rephrase?

--Bryan