master and slave on the same server - problem

Rajesh Bandar sunfire2005 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:33:00 UTC 2005

Kevin, thanks again for your reply. I have modified the
transfer-source and notify-source to master server IP address. It is
working fine now. Thanks a lor for your help.
I have another question? Is it possible to have 2 different rndc.conf
files for each named server. Since I am running master and slave on
the same server with 2 different IP addresses, how can I use rndc
reload to restart the named.

Thanks for your help once again.

Raj.

key "rndc-key" {

algorithm hmac-md5;

secret "hfSrOaQxuvUGTEMGOcdxFg==";

};

controls {

inet 127.0.0.1 port 953

allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };

};

acl "slaves" {

134.251.131.50;

127.0.0.1;

localhost;

};

options {

directory "/var/named"; // Working directory

listen-on {134.251.131.56; };

allow-transfer { "slaves"; };

transfer-source 134.251.131.56;

notify-source 134.251.131.56;

allow-query { any; }; // This is the default

recursion yes; // Do not provide recursive service

notify yes;

pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";

statistics-file "/var/run/named.stats";

dump-file "/var/run/named.db";

# hide the version number

version "[secured]";

};

# The root nameservers

zone "." {

type hint;

file "named.root";

};

zone "localhost" {

type master;

file "/var/named/zone/localhost.hosts";

};

zone "127.0.0.in-addr.arpa" {

type master;

file "/var/named/zone/0.0.127.rev";

};

zone "au.ap.domain.com" {

type master;

file "/var/named/zone/au.ap.domain.com.hosts";

allow-transfer { "slaves"; };

};

zone "131.251.134.in-addr.arpa" {

type master;

file "/var/named/zone/134.251.131.rev";

allow-transfer { "slaves"; };

};

> I assume you're incrementing the serial # and reloading the zone on the
 master, when you make a change, right (or using Dynamic Update, which