phone numbers

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 18:50:42 UTC 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 11:22, vrkid0 at gmail.com wrote:
> I currently store my personal phone book in my DNS server by using
> the TXT resource record to store the phone number (I have 2 zones:

My congratulations to you for such a supremely geeky idea. You are my
hero. I suggest to TPTB that we rename this newsgroup/mailing list in
your honour. At least temporarily.

I publish CIDR netmasks in my DNS: nm$X.$DOMAIN where $X is the number
of bits, 00-32. Ah, I need to make hexadecimal CNAMEs. Even so it does
not feel as geeky as your idea.

I did publish one haiku in DNS. That's geeky but it was only one haiku.
I'm considering broadening my scope, perhaps publishing Orwell's
_Nineteen_Eighty-Four_ in DNS. That would take some work.

> Cell and land). I found it to be uncomfortable and was wandering if
> there is better and more standard way of doing this?

And thanks again for such a wonderful straight line.

Pen and paper? PDA/PIM?

Phone book? How quaint. You mean you still actually use that device to
talk to others? What's wrong with email and IM and IRC?
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header