phone numbers

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Thu Sep 22 17:09:32 UTC 2005

> Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:55:23 -0700
> From: Bryan Irvine <sparctacus at gmail.com>
> To: "vrkid0 at gmail.com" <vrkid0 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: phone numbers
> Cc: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
>
> LDAP?

SIP?

> On 22 Sep 2005 09:22:35 -0700, vrkid0 at gmail.com <vrkid0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I currently store my personal phone book in my DNS server by using the
> > TXT resource record to store the phone number (I have 2 zones: Cell and
> > land). I found it to be uncomfortable and was wandering if there is
> > better and more standard way of doing this?
> >

> > TIA
> > Paolo

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin