master and slave on the same server

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Sep 22 09:38:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 05:13:52PM -0400,
 Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote
 a message of 83 lines which said:

> First of all, please turn off the option in your message-composer to
> spew a URL for everything that looks like a domain name or an IP
> address -- it made your message almost unreadable.

I believe it is a *stupid* function of a *stupid* Web mail (gmail)
used mostly by ignorant and may be stupid people (all the messages
I've seen with this stupidity came from gmail). I am not sure it can
be switched off.

Do note that even CIDR prefixes are URLized by the stupid gmail:

Netblock:*83.206.0.0/16 <http://83.206.0.0/16>