newbie needs help re: SBC - DNS record

Eduardo Bonsi beartcom at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 15 06:18:52 UTC 2005

I am sorry to comment on this today as I do not
monitor these emails frequently but I believed this is
intent to Japhy.

If you are setting up a network thru your friend's
server, you will have to setup the forward DNS
yourself and ask SBC to setup your reverse zone. I
know what you mean by getting all the wrong person. I
had the same experience. Majority of people that
handled phone calls at SBC only know basic issues as
installation and customer care, (simple issues). Call
them back and ask to talk to a Network Administrator
that understands DNS and takes care to setup the
reverse for your ip address.

http://dialup.pacbell.net/CustomerSvc/contact.html

Then request Network Solutions to point your domain
name to your dns server by providing them the correct
ip address.

Hope that helps,

Eduardo

--