DNS delegation based on both location and organization

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Sep 12 08:25:02 UTC 2005

At 9:48 AM +0200 2005-09-12, martinez_ja5 at tsm.es wrote:

>  Actually I cannot allow even a single resolution miss (up to 1-2 seconds of
>  added delay before retrying the second server on the list is too much for a
>  service network).

	Really?  Wow.  I'd love to hear more about whatever it is that
you're doing which cannot handle a 1-2 second delay, and which you
would deploy in such a way that it was dependant on an inherently
unreliable communications protocol such as DNS over UDP.

	All the ultra-low-latency applications I can think of (including
wall street stock trading, where a second of downtime might cost you
tens or hundreds of millions of dollars), all make sure that they
don't depend on such unreliable types of systems, at least not for
the operational side of their networks.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755