Load Balancing depending on a weight

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 9 09:35:55 UTC 2005

At 11:07 AM +0200 2005-09-09, Guillaume wrote:

>  That's quite a bad news ! Do you have a solution for my problem ? I
>  don't know how to do it ...

	Use a layer three/four load-balancing switch sitting in front of
the web servers in question.

	Or maybe set up squid reverse proxy servers sitting in front of
the real servers, and then configure squid to understand and use SRV
records.

	Maybe put multiple IP addresses on the server that you want to
get more traffic, and then list all the IP addresses in the DNS.

	Short of that, no -- I don't think that there are likely to be
any workable solutions for you.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755