dig and the searchlist

Uwe Gansert ug at suse.de
Tue Sep 6 12:26:43 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 14:00, Brad Knowles wrote:

> >  I know and that's what I tried. I tried dig with +ndots=3D2
> >  but that did not work for me. The search list was not used.
>
> 	I'm not sure if you're seeing here what I'm seeing.  Maybe it's
> just your MUA doing weird things, but let me tokenize what I'm seeing:

I think the mailinglist software has destroyed my mails. There was an Umlaut
in my signature (an u with dots on it). I removed that and I hope the mail
is fine now.

> 		+ ndots = 3D2
>
> 	Strip out the spaces, and instead of +ndots=2, I'm seeing
> +ndots=3D2.  I don't know where that "3D" is coming from, so if maybe

I see the broken mail too. I hope it's fixed now, since I don't have the
Umlaut in my signature anymore.
I tried that what you suggested with no spaces and no 3D in it but it does
not work. the +ndots parameter gets ignored. Just in the resolv.conf it
works.

> you could try responding in plain ASCII, that might help.

hope it did. I can't test it local. I have to send a mail to the list for
that. :)

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert at suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
Fax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de