DNS push mechanism.

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 28 17:30:10 UTC 2005

Use your rsync/ssh-type mechanism, making them all DNS masters.  This
has been a
common practice among DNS admins for literally decades.  Elegance is in
the eye of
the beholder: I happen to appreciate the beauty of "extra-BIND/DNS"
assurance that
the zone data is indeed identical in all zone's authoritative servers,
despite update-cycle times, lost notifies, etc.  The scheme can also
lend
elegance to appropriate handling of named.conf updates.

The DNS's mechanism is the notify/pull mechanism, that you are bound
to avoid.

John