Chroot ing BIND9

Jason Vas Dias jvdias at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 19:40:13 UTC 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 13:50, McLaughlin, Scott wrote:
> From google first hit:
> http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Chroot-BIND-HOWTO.html

You really need to tell us what OS you are using.

The BIND packages of Red Hat Linux / Fedora and some other Linux distributions come
with the 'bind-chroot' package - the SRPM is here:
 http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/bind-9.3.1-20.src.rpm
On any Linux system, you should be able to
 # rpmbuild --rebuild bind-9.3.1-20.src.rpm
and install the resulting RPMs in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/$ARCH (including the bind-chroot rpm),
or just 'rpm -ivh bind-9.3.1-20.src.rpm'.
There is a script to create the bind-chroot environment in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/bind.spec .

Use of the bind-chroot package on Red Hat Linux / Fedora is obsoleted by use of
SELinux in Enforcing mode.

Regards,
Jason Vas Dias
Red Hat BIND package maintainer