single ip multiple dns Linksys DHCP router

MikeW mike at white-home.com
Fri Oct 21 22:35:27 UTC 2005

I am using Apache Virtual Hosting on my Fedora Core 2 system.  The
system is on my local network and behind the the hardware firewall
using a Linksys Wireless-G cable modem router.  Currently I have a
quick fix using the hosts file on all my "local" machines, XP and Linux

to assign the IP address I get from the Wireless-G to access my
multiple web sites.

I want to assign a domain name on the router from the web server
machine so each machine will find the ip to may web server using the
Linksys routers domain services.

That translates to a single Linksys DHCP assigned "local" IP with
multiple "local" domain names without using the hosts file on each
computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MikeW